The AstroMaster 80AZS is a short refractor telescope perfect for terrestrial and celestial viewing. The short focal length is ideal for viewing star clusters and nebulae, while the erect image star diagonal makes the optical tube ideal for using as a spotting scope during the day.
Setting up the telescope is a breeze and will have you observing in no time. Even on your first time out, you can assemble the telescope and its accessories in just a few minutes. The adjustable tripod legs allow you to customize the telescope’s height or place it on raised surfaces like a picnic table. An included accessory tray will help you keep track of eyepieces and other small items while observing.
The total telescope kit weighs in at just 10 pounds—perfect for impromptu observing sessions or transporting wherever life’s adventures take you.
– 80mm short refractor telescope with fully coated glass optics and a lightweight frame.
– Accessories include: two eyepieces (20mm and 10mm), erect image diagonal, and red dot finderscope.
– Observe in no time with a quick and easy no-tool setup.
– Pan handle Alt-Az control with clutch for smooth and accurate pointing.
– Adjustable height tripod includes an accessory tray.
– Focal Length : 400mm (15.74″)
– Focal Ratio f/5
– Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 : 20mm (0.78″), Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 20x
– Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 : 10mm (0.4″), Magnification of Eyepiece 2 40x
– Finderscope StarPointer™ red dot finderscope
– Star Diagonal Erect Image, 90° (1.25″)
– Software: Starry Night Basic Edition | SkyPortal App