Featuring excellent rigidity, stability, and portability, the popular PORTA II alt-azimuth mount is chosen and used by a great number of users from amarture to professional. Using the supplied erect image diagonal, you can observe terrestrial landscape in daytime and you can shoot moon using optional accessories.
Vixen Telescope PORTA II-A80Mf Description
- Slow motion handles The whole-circle slow motion movement of the PORTA II provides smooth telescope operation at every pointing angle. Handle positions of both vertical and horizontal slow motion controls can be altered in 45-degree increments. This allows a comfortable posture while using the slow motion handles for various size optical tubes.
- Dovetail-plate attachment
- With Vixen’s renowened dovetail-plate system, many optical tubes, up to 160mm in outer diameter, can easily be swapped on and off the mount.
- Accessory tray
- An accessory tray holds small pieces such as a camera or eyepieces. Very useful when observing at night.
- Compartment for tools
- Slow motion handles positions and the amount of friction on the axes are adjusted with tools located in the compartment under the rubber covering. You will always have your tools available.
- Detachable tripod system
- The mount head and tripod are detachable by single fixing bolt which makes it convenient for transport and storage.
- Friction control system
- Optical tube can be moved freely by hand and the friction holds its position anwhere you stop it. It allows you to manually point the telescope at target celestial objects you wish to view.
- Finder scope All optical tube units with PORTA II alt-azimuth mount is equipped with finder scope to facilitate pointing the celestial object.
- Achromatic objective 80mm, multi-coated
- Focal Length 910mm (f/11.4)
- Reolving power / Limiting magnitude 1.45 arc sec. / 11.3
- Light gathering power 131x unaided eye
- Dimensions / weight L: 860mm, OD: 90mm, 3.3kg (body 2.5kg)
- Finder scope 6x30mm, actual field of view 7 deg.
- Visual back 42mm for T-ring, 31.7mm push fit
- Eyepiece (Dia. 31.7mm) PL20mm (46x), PL6.3mm (144x)
- Mount type PORTA II alt-azimuth mount
- Vertical and horizontal slow motions Worm and wheel gears with 120-tooth whole-circile movement, with slow motion handles
- Optical tube setting up Dovetail-plate attachment system
- Maximum loading capacity Approx. 5kg
- Weight 5.7kg including tripod
- Tripod type Aluminum 3-sectional legs (with tray)
- Material / Type Aluminum 2-sectional legs (with tray)
- Dimensions / weight L: 900mm⇔1,300mm, H: 705⇔1,200mm, Radius: 370⇔606mm
- Accessories Erect image diagonal 31.7mm
- Photography Eyepiece projection, prime-focus, afocal imaging.
- Solar observation Possible with optional sun projection screen set A
- Total weight 9.0kg without eyepiece
- Erect image diagonal 31.7mm
- Optical tube assembly
- PORTA II alt-azimuth mount (with tripod)