The FirstScope Accessory Kit from Celestron enhances a FirstScope telescope’s capabilities. This cornucopia of vital accessories makes the FirstScope more enjoyable and easier to use while enhancing night-sky viewing. The following accessories are included in this kit;
- 12.5mm eyepiece, 1.25″: increases the telescope’s power to 24x for observing objects that require greater magnification
- 6.0mm eyepiece, 1.25″: increases the telescope’s power to 50x for viewing greater detail of faint objects
- Moon filter, 1.25″: enables greater detail to be observed on the lunar surface by reducing the moon’s brightness while improving contrast. This threaded filter screws directly into the bottom of the 1.25″ eyepieces
- Finderscope – 5×24: combines a wider field of view with lower magnification to aid the observer in the location of astronomical objects. Mounting bracket for the FirstScope telescope is included
- SkyX CD-ROM: helps beginning astronomers explore the sky while developing an understanding of basic astronomy. This fully-featured planetarium software is capable of printing star charts, displaying astronomical photos, aids in the identification of planets, stars, and constellations. Compatible with Windows XP and Vista, MAC 10.4.8 and later/newer
- FirstScope telescope carrying bag: nylon tote bag for packing and safely transporting the FirstScope telescope and accessories
- Get extra enjoyment out of your Celestron FirstScope Telescope!
- Kit includes a Moon filter and two eyepieces with 24X and 50X magnification.
- The 5×24 finderscope makes locating objects much easier.
- Take your FirstScope telescope anywhere with the nylon carry bag.
- Learn more about the night sky with TheSkyX: First Light Edition planetarium software for PC and Mac.
ITEM # 21024-ACC
If you have a Celestron FirstScope telescope and want even more versatility and portability, take a look at the Celestron FirstScope Accessory Kit! It includes six separate pieces that will enhance your observations and help you learn even more about the Universe.
GET HELP FINDING OBJECTS
When you are observing something big, like the Moon, it is fairly easy to point your telescope along its line of sight and get that object in your eyepiece. However, smaller objects are much easier to locate in your telescope if you have a finderscope to help do the work. This 5×24 finderscope and bracket is made to attach to the FirstScope without tools. It magnifies the view by 5X and has optics 24 mm in diameter. Once you have attached the finderscope to your telescope tube and have done some simple alignments, you will be able to point with the finder instead of the telescope itself.
CHOOSE YOUR MAGNIFICATION
Anyone who has a telescope will tell you that you can’t have too many eyepieces. Every eyepiece offers a different magnification and a different field of view. In the FirstScope Accessory Kit, you will get two 1.25” eyepieces. One is a 12.5 mm model, and will magnify objects 24X more than your eyes alone can see. The second eyepiece is a 6 mm, and will boost the power even further, to 50X. Remember, the lower the number of the eyepiece, the higher the magnification!
SEE MORE DETAIL ON THE MOON
The Moon is beautiful, but it is bright, especially when full. A Moon Filter works the same way sunglasses do for your eyes on a bright, sunny day. The filter lowers the amount of light reaching your eye, and allows it to relax and see details that would not be visible in an unfiltered view of the Moon due to glare. The Moon Filter screws onto the barrel of all of your 1.25” eyepieces, giving you a choice of filtered magnification. (Note: Do not use the Moon filter for solar observation.)
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SKY
TheSkyX: First Light Edition is included in the FirstScope Accessory Kit. The software comes on a DVD-ROM that can be used on PC (Windows 7, XP, and Vista) or Mac (10.4.8 or later) computers. Learn the constellations, print out star charts for an upcoming observing session, and learn how to identify planets and stars, and more!
STORE & CARRY YOUR TELESCOPE EASILY
When your FirstScope telescope and accessories are not in use, store them in this nylon tote bag! Having everything together in one easily-identifiable carry bag will make it even quicker to grab your telescope and get outside to see the latest comet, bright, shining planet, or lunar eclipse!