- The first WiFi operated telescope for amateur astronomy. Control your telescope with the free COSMOS Celestron Navigator app for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
- Special edition COSMOS eye nebula badging with 3D Spaceship of the Imagination (SOTI) design on fork arm. SOTI lights up when your telescope is connected via WiFi!
- 90 mm refractor with fully coated glass optics provides outstanding views of the Moon, planets, and nebulae, and more. Choose the object you wish to view from COSMOS Celestron Navigator’s database of over 120,000 celestial objects.
- Newly designed accessory tray includes storage for eyepieces along with a rubber-lined tray for your smartphone or small tablet.
- Includes a StarPointer finderscope, 2 Kellner eyepieces, mirror star diagonal, free planetarium app, and Cosmic Calendar poster.
Interact with the night sky in a whole new way using the COSMOS 90GT Wi-Fi telescope and your smartphone or tablet! Our new COSMOS Celestron Navigator mobile app replaces the traditional telescope hand control for a 100% wireless experience. Just hold your smart device up to the night sky. When you find an object you’d like to view, tap the screen. Your COSMOS 90GT automatically slews to the object, while the screen displays information about it. It’s never been more fun to explore the universe!
The first WiFi telescope commercially available, the COSMOS 90GT creates its own wireless connection, so it can communicate with your device even in remote locations where WiFi or cellular networks aren’t available.
Getting ready to observe is quick and painless thanks to Celestron’s award-winning SkyAlign technology. Center any three bright objects in the eyepiece, and your telescope calculates its position. You can even generate a Sky Tour of all the best celestial objects to view based on your exact time and location.
Trusted Celestron Optics
Innovative WiFi technology powers the COSMOS 90GT, but it’s the optics inside the telescope tube that make it a Celestron. For over 50 years, we’ve led the industry in optical technology—and we put that experience into the COSMOS 90GT. This 90 mm refractor with fully coated optics offers dazzling views of craters on the Moon, the rings of Saturn, the Great Red Spot on Jupiter, the Orion Nebula, the Hercules Globular Cluster and so much more.
Inspired by COSMOS: A SpaceTime Odyssey
COSMOS: A SpaceTime Odyssey and Celestron are changing how we experience science and astronomy. Travel through space aboard the Spaceship of the Imagination (SOTI) when COSMOS airs this spring on FOX and National Geographic Channel. Then, take your own voyage through the universe with your COSMOS 90GT. The telescope’s fork arm features a 3D SOTI design with LEDs that illuminate when your telescope is connected via WiFi. Another symbol of COSMOS, the eye nebula, adorns the refractor tube.
You’ll also receive a beautiful Cosmic Calendar wall poster with images from the show.
|Accessory Tray||Includes rubberized smartphone or tablet holder|
|Alignment Procedures||SkyAlign, 3-Star Align, Solar System Align|
|Aperture (mm)||90 mm (3.54 in)|
|Communication Ports||Aux port for optional hand control|
|Database||Over 120,000 objects including 220 of the best deep sky and solar system objects|
|Focal Length||910 mm (36 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 …||25 mm (0.98 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 …||10 mm (0.39 in)|
|Highest Useful Magnification||213 x|
|Light Gathering Power (Comp…||165 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||12.3|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||13 x|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||36 x|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 2||91 x|
|Mount Type||Single Fork Arm Altazimuth|
|Optical Coatings||Fully Coated|
|Optical Tube Length||37.2 in/94.5 cm in (945 mm)|
|Resolution (Dawes)||1.29 arc seconds arc seconds|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||1.54 arc seconds arc seconds|
|Slew Speeds||Up to 3 deg/second|
|Total Telescope Kit Weight||14.2 lbs (6.44 kg)|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar, and Lunar|